- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Stockholm calmer but violence spreads outside Swedish capital |
Ten army-allied militiamen killed in Yemen: commander
ADEN (Reuters) - A suicide bomber killed at least 10 members of a pro-government militia that had helped the Yemeni army to drive al Qaeda-linked Islamist militants out of southern strongholds in a U.S.-backed campaign last year, a local commander said on Monday.
Nizar Jaafar said at least 15 other people had been wounded in the attack on a local office of the Popular Committees in the town of Lawdar in the southern province of Abyan. Some were in serious condition.
(Reporting by Mohammed Mukhashaf; Writing by Sami Aboudi; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this