Chipmaker ASM International posts loss as sales slip
March 5 (Reuters) - Dutch semiconductor equipment maker ASM International NV reported a quarterly loss, as sales fell 28 percent sequentially in its chip dicing and packaging equipment business.
Net loss was 22 million euros, compared with a profit of 5 million euros in the third quarter and 15 million euros a year earlier.
ASMI's net sales for the fourth quarter fell 9 percent to 320 million euros. (Reporting by Neha Alawadhi in Bangalore; Editing by Anil D;Silva)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |