Fiat CEO says has had informal talks on Chrysler financing
GENEVA, March 5
GENEVA, March 5 (Reuters) - Fiat has talked to banks about financing for the buyout of a Chrysler stake, the company's chief executive said.
We have met with banks to discuss financing for Fiat's planned buyout of the remaining stake in Chrysler the Italian company does not own, Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne said at a press conference at the Geneva car show.
"We found that many banks are willing to help," he said.
Fiat owns 58.5 percent of Chrysler.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea