Fiat CEO says has had informal talks on Chrysler financing
GENEVA, March 5
GENEVA, March 5 (Reuters) - Fiat has talked to banks about financing for the buyout of a Chrysler stake, the company's chief executive said.
We have met with banks to discuss financing for Fiat's planned buyout of the remaining stake in Chrysler the Italian company does not own, Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne said at a press conference at the Geneva car show.
"We found that many banks are willing to help," he said.
Fiat owns 58.5 percent of Chrysler.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with new easing steps
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt