China's Sinopec says still seeking assets in N.America
SHANGHAI, March 5
SHANGHAI, March 5 (Reuters) - China's Sinopec is looking for oil and gas assets in North America to expand its business, its chairman said on Tuesday.
There are still many opportunities to cooperate with local companies to develop energy resources in the region, Fu Chengyu, chairman of Sinopec Group and the listed unit, told Reuters on the sidelines of the annual parliamentary meeting in Beijing.
Investment returns as well as commercial and political risks are also favourable in the United States, Fu said.
(Reporting by Judy Hua and Fayen Wong; Editing by Richard Pullin)
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Dollar soars to six-year peak on yen after Fed, Tokyo stocks cheer
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report
- IMF warns of risks from 'excessive' financial market bets