First Quantum profit more than doubles on higher copper, gold sales
March 5 (Reuters) - First Quantum Minerals Ltd, which is engaged in a hostile takeover bid for rival base metal miner Inmet Mining Corp, reported a 146 percent jump in quarterly profit helped by higher copper and gold sales.
Net earnings attributable to shareholders rose to $186.7 million, or 39 cents per share, in the fourth quarter, from $76 million, or 16 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 37 percent to $774.6 million.
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Court orders Russia to pay some $50 billion in damages to Yukos shareholders
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Obama could curb corporate 'inversions' on his own: ex-U.S. official
- Family of five found shot dead in Maine home: police