Thunder's Ibaka fined $25,000 for low blow
(Reuters) - Oklahoma City Thunder forward Serge Ibaka has been fined $25,000 for striking Blake Griffin of the Los Angeles Clippers in the groin area, the National Basketball Association said on Tuesday.
The incident, which occurred as the two players battled for rebounding position during Sunday's game, was upgraded to a flagrant foul 2 from a flagrant foul 1 after league review.
(Reporting by Larry Fine in New York; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |