Thunder's Ibaka fined $25,000 for low blow
(Reuters) - Oklahoma City Thunder forward Serge Ibaka has been fined $25,000 for striking Blake Griffin of the Los Angeles Clippers in the groin area, the National Basketball Association said on Tuesday.
The incident, which occurred as the two players battled for rebounding position during Sunday's game, was upgraded to a flagrant foul 2 from a flagrant foul 1 after league review.
(Reporting by Larry Fine in New York; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path
- On eve of secession vote, UK's fate hangs on a divided Scotland |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies