UCB says had positive trial for Vimpat as monotherapy
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Belgian pharmaceutical company UCB said on Tuesday its new epilepsy treatment Vimpat had produced promising results in a Phase III trial into its use without other drugs.
UCB said it would to submit the data as part of a supplementary new drug application for lacosamide, marketed as Vimpat, to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The application is planned in the second half of 2013.
Vimpat is approved as an adjunctive therapy for the treatment of partial-onset seizures in adults with epilepsy, but not as a monotherapy.
(Reporting by Philip Blenkinsop)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets