UCB says had positive trial for Vimpat as monotherapy
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Belgian pharmaceutical company UCB said on Tuesday its new epilepsy treatment Vimpat had produced promising results in a Phase III trial into its use without other drugs.
UCB said it would to submit the data as part of a supplementary new drug application for lacosamide, marketed as Vimpat, to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The application is planned in the second half of 2013.
Vimpat is approved as an adjunctive therapy for the treatment of partial-onset seizures in adults with epilepsy, but not as a monotherapy.
(Reporting by Philip Blenkinsop)
- Qatar will not host World Cup: FIFA official
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear: police
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold