CME Group will 'certainly' consider M&A if target emerges -CFO
March 6 (Reuters) - CME Group Inc would be open to making a large acquisition if doing so would generate better returns, the exchange operator's chief financial officer said on Wednesday.
"We have all the right pieces in place we feel ... We don't feel compelled to go out and do any particular M&A deal," James Parisi said. But, he added: "If a great opportunity were to arise where we can create shareholder value through some type of M&A opportunity, we will certainty take a look at it."
The comments may keep alive speculation that CME is looking more seriously at potential acquisitions, after years when executives signaled they were uninterested in such deals.
- Target says data from 40 million cards stolen in holiday period
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |