CANADA-FX-C$ weakens sharply after Bank of Canada softens hike stance
TORONTO, March 6
TORONTO, March 6 (Reuters) - The Canadian dollar weakened to a session low against the U.S. dollar on Wednesday after the Bank of Canada softened its stance on the need for interest rate hikes.
The Canadian dollar weakened to C$1.0328 to the greenback, or 96.83 U.S. cents, compared with C$1.0288 just before the central bank announcement and $1.0280 at Tuesday's North American close.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief