CANADA-FX-C$ weakens sharply after Bank of Canada softens hike stance
TORONTO, March 6
TORONTO, March 6 (Reuters) - The Canadian dollar weakened to a session low against the U.S. dollar on Wednesday after the Bank of Canada softened its stance on the need for interest rate hikes.
The Canadian dollar weakened to C$1.0328 to the greenback, or 96.83 U.S. cents, compared with C$1.0288 just before the central bank announcement and $1.0280 at Tuesday's North American close.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East