FTSEurofirst 300 hits 4-1/2 year high
PARIS, March 6
PARIS, March 6 (Reuters) - The FTSEurofirst 300 index of top European shares vaulted over its 2011 peak and hit a 4-1/2 year high on Wednesday morning, helped in part by M&A talk in the telecom sector.
At 0823 GMT, the FTSEurofirst 300 was up 0.25 percent at 1,192.01 points, a level not seen since September 2008.
On Tuesday, Wall Street's Dow Jones industrial average hit its highest level ever.
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- As some high-risk assets take a hit, investors fear worse is to come
- Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya's Tripoli airport, seven dead