FTSEurofirst 300 hits 4-1/2 year high
PARIS, March 6
PARIS, March 6 (Reuters) - The FTSEurofirst 300 index of top European shares vaulted over its 2011 peak and hit a 4-1/2 year high on Wednesday morning, helped in part by M&A talk in the telecom sector.
At 0823 GMT, the FTSEurofirst 300 was up 0.25 percent at 1,192.01 points, a level not seen since September 2008.
On Tuesday, Wall Street's Dow Jones industrial average hit its highest level ever.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data