- Microsoft unveils Xbox One with Spielberg, Activision tie-up
- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- Russia moves closer to jail terms for offending religion
- UPDATE 1-Regeneron, Sanofi asthma drug seen as potential game changer
Dollar extends gains vs yen, trades above 94 yen, a 1-week high
NEW YORK, March 6 |
NEW YORK, March 6 (Reuters) - The dollar hit a one-week high against the yen on Wednesday on technical buying and optimism about U.S. economic prospects.
The greenback hit 94.08 yen, its highest since Feb. 25, with traders taking out minor stops above 94 yen. There are bigger stops in the 94.50 area, they said, which when triggered could further extend the dollar's gains. The dollar was last at 94.05, up 0.8 percent on the day.
Broad market optimism about the U.S. economy following an upbeat U.S. private sector jobs report also boosted the dollar.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this