US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Dow closes at another record high
NEW YORK, March 6
NEW YORK, March 6 (Reuters) - The Dow closed modestly higher at another record on Wednesday as investors bet that favorable market conditions would continue, though the gains were slight on concerns the rally may run out of steam in the short term.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average rose 42.47 points, or 0.30 percent, to finish unofficially at 14,296.24. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index advanced 1.67 points, or 0.11 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,541.46. But the Nasdaq Composite Index dipped 1.77 points, or 0.05 percent, to close unofficially at 3,222.36.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee