UPDATE 1-Mexico auto output rises 1.6 pct in Feb vs yr ago -AMIA
MEXICO CITY, March 6 (Reuters) - Mexico's auto production increased by 1.6 percent in February compared to the same month a year earlier, while auto exports fell by 11.3 percent, the Mexican Auto Industry Association (AMIA) said on Wednesday. Mexico produced 246,197 units in February and exported 175,338, AMIA said. The association attributed the fall in exports to a 50.2 percent decrease in exports to Latin America, and a 5.3 percent fall in U.S.-bound exports. Mexico exported 18,938 units to Latin America and 116,693 to its northern neighbor in February, AMIA said.
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Easter truce |
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |