UPDATE 1-Mexico auto output rises 1.6 pct in Feb vs yr ago -AMIA
MEXICO CITY, March 6 (Reuters) - Mexico's auto production increased by 1.6 percent in February compared to the same month a year earlier, while auto exports fell by 11.3 percent, the Mexican Auto Industry Association (AMIA) said on Wednesday. Mexico produced 246,197 units in February and exported 175,338, AMIA said. The association attributed the fall in exports to a 50.2 percent decrease in exports to Latin America, and a 5.3 percent fall in U.S.-bound exports. Mexico exported 18,938 units to Latin America and 116,693 to its northern neighbor in February, AMIA said.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'