UPDATE 1-Mexico auto output rises 1.6 pct in Feb vs yr ago -AMIA
MEXICO CITY, March 6 (Reuters) - Mexico's auto production increased by 1.6 percent in February compared to the same month a year earlier, while auto exports fell by 11.3 percent, the Mexican Auto Industry Association (AMIA) said on Wednesday. Mexico produced 246,197 units in February and exported 175,338, AMIA said. The association attributed the fall in exports to a 50.2 percent decrease in exports to Latin America, and a 5.3 percent fall in U.S.-bound exports. Mexico exported 18,938 units to Latin America and 116,693 to its northern neighbor in February, AMIA said.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |