China's Sohu.com says not in talks to take the company private
March 6 (Reuters) - Chinese Internet portal Sohu.com Inc denied a media report on Wednesday that the company is talking to investment banks and private equity funds about a possible plan to take the company private.
Sohu also said it has no plans to delist its common stock from Nasdaq.
"No such discussions are in progress or currently contemplated," Chief Financial Officer Carol Yu said in a statement.
South China Morning Post, citing four financial industry sources, reported on Wednesday that Sohu.com is in talks with investment banks about a possible financing plan that would take the company private.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- EU wields Russia sanctions threat but timing vague |
- Trapped peacekeepers at Golan Heights moved to secure area: Philippine military chief
- Polish president warns Germany of Putin's 'empire' ambitions