U.S. Jan factory orders fall on weak transportation demand
WASHINGTON, March 6
WASHINGTON, March 6 (Reuters) - New orders for U.S. factory goods fell in January as demand for transportation equipment weakened, but the underlying strength in manufacturing remained intact.
The Commerce Department said orders for manufactured goods dropped 2.0 percent. Economists polled by Reuters had forecast orders falling 2.2 percent after a previously reported 1.8 percent increase in December.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data