Areva says to start output at Niger Imouraren mine in mid-2015
NIAMEY, March 7
NIAMEY, March 7 (Reuters) - French nuclear group Areva will start uranium production from its Imouraren mine in Niger from mid-2015, Areva's senior executive vice-president of mining Olivier Wantz said on Thursday.
"We will start the first production of minerals from the Imouraren mine in mid-2015," Wantz told a news conference in Niamey. The mine was initially due to start production in 2012 but the date has been repeatedly pushed back.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking