Areva says to start output at Niger Imouraren mine in mid-2015
NIAMEY, March 7
NIAMEY, March 7 (Reuters) - French nuclear group Areva will start uranium production from its Imouraren mine in Niger from mid-2015, Areva's senior executive vice-president of mining Olivier Wantz said on Thursday.
"We will start the first production of minerals from the Imouraren mine in mid-2015," Wantz told a news conference in Niamey. The mine was initially due to start production in 2012 but the date has been repeatedly pushed back.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |