Supermarket group Delhaize lowers dividend
BRUSSELS, March 7
BRUSSELS, March 7 (Reuters) - Belgian supermarket group Delhaize said on Thursday it would pay a lower dividend this year than last, after its fourth-quarter operating results were just below market expectations.
Underlying operating profit for the fourth quarter came in at 204 million euros ($265.20 million), just below the 209 million euros expected in a Reuters poll of seven analysts.
Delhaize will pay a gross dividend of 1.40 euros per share, below the 1.76 euros it paid out to its shareholders last year. ($1 = 0.7692 euros) (Reporting by Robert-Jan Bartunek; Editing by Ben Deighton)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- EU wields Russia sanctions threat but timing vague |
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- Polish president warns Germany of Putin's 'empire' ambitions
- Car tied to suspected threat against Obama found in Connecticut