Lagardere says to exit EADS by July 31
PARIS, March 7
PARIS, March 7 (Reuters) - Lagardere expects to sell all of its 7.4 percent stake in aerospace and defence group EADS by July 31, it said on Thursday.
The sale will be "probably through a share buyback programme for the most part, and directly on the market for the remaining part", Lagardere said in a results presentation.
Proceeds will be used for an exceptional cash return to shareholders and for paying down debt, Lagardere added.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad