European shares pare gains as Aviva slump weighs
LONDON, March 7
LONDON, March 7 (Reuters) - A key pan-European equity index pared earlier gains to turn flat on Thursday, with a slump in British insurer Aviva weighing on markets.
The FTSEurofirst 300 index briefly turned negative after having originally opened up by 0.1 percent, and was trading flat at 1,186.79 points by 0837 GMT.
A 12.5 percent fall at Aviva was one of the biggest drags on the index, after the insurer slashed its dividend by over a quarter.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data