US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St edges up at open after claims data
NEW YORK, March 7
NEW YORK, March 7 (Reuters) - Wall Street opened slightly higher on Thursday as investors attempted to push the rally further after the latest economic data suggested a pick-up in the labor market recovery.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 11.44 points, or 0.08 percent, to 14,307.68. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 1.43 points, or 0.09 percent, to 1,542.89. The Nasdaq Composite Index added 3.00 points, or 0.09 percent, to 3,225.37.
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act