Dutch PM: positive towards Portugal's request for more time
THE HAGUE, March 7
THE HAGUE, March 7 (Reuters) - Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte said on Thursday he had a positive attitude towards Portugal's request for more time to reduce its budget deficit and repay the bailout loans it has received.
"The Netherlands is positive about the Portuguese request but of course it has to be discussed in more detail in the Ecofin and Eurogroup," Rutte told reporters after meeting his Portuguese counterpart, Pedro Passos Coelho, in The Hague.
Passos Coelho said that Portugal had asked the troika of the European Central Bank, the IMF and the European Commission for more time to reaching the deficit target and repay bailout loans but he declined to give a time frame.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details |