Earthquake measuring 6 magnitude strikes Taiwan: USGS
SYDNEY (Reuters) - An earthquake measuring 6 magnitude struck northern Taiwan on Thursday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
The quake, which was put at 10 km (six miles) deep, hit 39 km north-northwest of the port of Hualien, the USGS said.
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official