Baosteel to raise main steel product prices for April
SHANGHAI, March 8
SHANGHAI, March 8 (Reuters) - China's Baoshan Iron & Steel , the country's biggest listed steelmaker by market value, said on Friday it would raise April booking prices for its main steel products, suggesting it sees a stronger outlook for steel demand.
Baosteel's pricing decisions usually set the tone for the rest of the market. The company will raise hot-rolled coil, mainly for manufacturing, and cold-rolled coil mainly for automaking, by 150 yuan ($24.11) per tonne.
($1 = 6.2202 Chinese yuan) (Reporting by Ruby Lian and Fayen Wong; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- Ferguson march muted, police officer disciplined over video |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- U.S. protests intercept of Navy jet by Chinese warplane