China property developer's family in talks to buy stake in GM building -WSJ
March 7 (Reuters) - The family of Soho China Ltd's chief executive Zhang Xin is in discussions to buy a 40 percent stake in the 1.8 million square foot General Motors building in Manhattan, the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday, citing real-estate executives familiar with the talks.
The sellers include the sovereign-wealth funds of Qatar and Kuwait, which invested through a Goldman Sachs Group fund, as well as an investor associated with the ruling family of Dubai, the business daily said.
If completed, the deal would value the tower at $3.4 billion, according to the executives, the Journal reported. ()
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard: report |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- China helping locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane: TV