Goldcorp CEO says miner to stay focused on gold
March 8 (Reuters) - Goldcorp Inc, Canada's second-largest gold mining company, has no plans to diversify away from gold into other metals and the company remains focused on growing its gold output, chief executive Chuck Jeannes said on Friday.
"We want to stay - primarily, certainly - a gold company," Jeannes said, in response to a question about diversifying into copper at an Investor Day event in Boston.
Jeannes added that Goldcorp will continue to push ahead with its plan to expand annual gold production by some 75 percent to up to 4.2 million ounces by 2017.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee