Goldcorp CEO says miner to stay focused on gold
March 8 (Reuters) - Goldcorp Inc, Canada's second-largest gold mining company, has no plans to diversify away from gold into other metals and the company remains focused on growing its gold output, chief executive Chuck Jeannes said on Friday.
"We want to stay - primarily, certainly - a gold company," Jeannes said, in response to a question about diversifying into copper at an Investor Day event in Boston.
Jeannes added that Goldcorp will continue to push ahead with its plan to expand annual gold production by some 75 percent to up to 4.2 million ounces by 2017.
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- North Korea fires 25 short-range and obsolete rockets: South Korea
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season