CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends slightly higher as miners gains
TORONTO, March 8 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index ended slightly higher on Friday as rebounding mining shares offset weaker tech stocks and a steep drop in SNC Lavalin Group Inc after the engineering company reported quarterly results that disappointed the market. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index unofficially ended the session up 9.09 points, or 0.07 percent, at 12,835.61. Six of the 10 main sectors on the index were in the black.
- A week on, Gaza war takes on deadly routine despite calls for truce |
- Ukraine says Russian army officers fighting with rebels |
- Special Report: How Italy became a submerging economy
- German database study hints diabetes drug cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources