Dollar/yen hits 3-1/2-year high after China data
TOKYO, March 8
TOKYO, March 8 (Reuters) - The dollar hit a 3-1/2-year high against the yen on Friday after strong Chinese exports data boosted risk sentiment and as the yen remains under pressure on expectations of more easing from the Bank of Japan.
The dollar rose to as high as 95.16 yen, its highest level since August 2009.
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note