Dollar/yen hits 3-1/2-year high after China data
TOKYO, March 8
TOKYO, March 8 (Reuters) - The dollar hit a 3-1/2-year high against the yen on Friday after strong Chinese exports data boosted risk sentiment and as the yen remains under pressure on expectations of more easing from the Bank of Japan.
The dollar rose to as high as 95.16 yen, its highest level since August 2009.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'