Nikkei rises above 12,000 at open on overseas lead
TOKYO, March 8 (Reuters) - The Nikkei share average rose above the 12,000 mark at the open on Friday, buoyed by signs of improvement in the euro zone economy and bullish U.S. jobs data, with Japanese stocks underpinned by expectations of more monetary easing. The Nikkei added 1 percent to 12,083.33, while the broader Topix rose 0.7 percent to 1,101.90.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off from Philadelphia airport