McDonald's February sales down 1.5 percent, better than expected
March 8 (Reuters) - McDonald's Corp said on Friday that February sales at established its hamburger restaurants around the world fell 1.5 percent amid stiff competition for customers who are spending more cautiously due to weak economic growth and higher taxes.
Analysts polled by Consensus Metrix had expected a 1.63 percent decline in global sales at restaurants open at least 13 months.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 2, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |