McDonald's February sales down 1.5 percent, better than expected
March 8 (Reuters) - McDonald's Corp said on Friday that February sales at established its hamburger restaurants around the world fell 1.5 percent amid stiff competition for customers who are spending more cautiously due to weak economic growth and higher taxes.
Analysts polled by Consensus Metrix had expected a 1.63 percent decline in global sales at restaurants open at least 13 months.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |