Mexico's peso briefly weakened after Cenbank cuts interest rate
MEXICO CITY, March 8
MEXICO CITY, March 8 (Reuters) - Mexico's peso weakened to trade at 12.79 per dollar a minute after the Central Bank announced it cut the benchmark interest rate to a new record low of 4 percent, its first cut in nearly 4 years.
The peso then recovered to trade at 12.6671 per dollar.
- Hundreds still missing in deadly Korea ferry accident |
- Survivors still alive on South Korean ferry: father |
- Putin risks upstaging talks on defusing Ukraine crisis |
- Bloodshed in eastern Ukraine heightens fear as talks start |
- India holds biggest day of voting with Hindu nationalists gaining strength