News Corp publishing wing to have $2.6 bln in cash, no debt
March 8 (Reuters) - Rupert Murdoch's News Corp said the publishing arm it plans to spin off from its entertainment assets will have about $2.6 billion in cash on hand and no debt when it becomes an independent company.
News Corp provided the financial details in a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Friday. It announced last June the plan to split its publishing and entertainment assets into two publicly traded companies after shareholder pressure.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday |
- World stocks advance on strong data, earnings