News Corp publishing wing to have $2.6 bln in cash, no debt
March 8 (Reuters) - Rupert Murdoch's News Corp said the publishing arm it plans to spin off from its entertainment assets will have about $2.6 billion in cash on hand and no debt when it becomes an independent company.
News Corp provided the financial details in a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Friday. It announced last June the plan to split its publishing and entertainment assets into two publicly traded companies after shareholder pressure.
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies