News Corp publishing wing to have $2.6 bln in cash, no debt
March 8 (Reuters) - Rupert Murdoch's News Corp said the publishing arm it plans to spin off from its entertainment assets will have about $2.6 billion in cash on hand and no debt when it becomes an independent company.
News Corp provided the financial details in a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Friday. It announced last June the plan to split its publishing and entertainment assets into two publicly traded companies after shareholder pressure.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Alibaba surges 38 percent on massive demand in market debut |
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change