AT&T may buy stake in Indian telecom venture - Times of India
March 9 (Reuters) - AT&T Inc is considering buying a 25 percent stake in India's Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd, a telecommunications venture controlled by billionaire Mukesh Ambani, for $3.5 billion, the Times of India newspaper reported.
Such a deal would represent the largest foreign direct investment in India and would value the company at $14 billion, the report said.
A spokesman for AT&T declined to comment on the report.
Ambani, who controls conglomerate Reliance Industries Ltd , is India's richest man. The telecommunications venture aims to break even within three years of its launch, according to the report.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Iran angry over U.S. sanctions, nuclear talks interrupted