AT&T may buy stake in Indian telecom venture - Times of India
March 9 (Reuters) - AT&T Inc is considering buying a 25 percent stake in India's Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd, a telecommunications venture controlled by billionaire Mukesh Ambani, for $3.5 billion, the Times of India newspaper reported.
Such a deal would represent the largest foreign direct investment in India and would value the company at $14 billion, the report said.
A spokesman for AT&T declined to comment on the report.
Ambani, who controls conglomerate Reliance Industries Ltd , is India's richest man. The telecommunications venture aims to break even within three years of its launch, according to the report.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |