AT&T may buy stake in Indian telecom venture - Times of India
March 9 (Reuters) - AT&T Inc is considering buying a 25 percent stake in India's Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd, a telecommunications venture controlled by billionaire Mukesh Ambani, for $3.5 billion, the Times of India newspaper reported.
Such a deal would represent the largest foreign direct investment in India and would value the company at $14 billion, the report said.
A spokesman for AT&T declined to comment on the report.
Ambani, who controls conglomerate Reliance Industries Ltd , is India's richest man. The telecommunications venture aims to break even within three years of its launch, according to the report.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in Manhattan hospital after return from Guinea |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- U.S. stock futures tumble on reports of NY Ebola case