American Express CEO made $28.5 million in 2012
(Reuters) - Credit card company American Express Co (AXP.N) chief executive Kenneth Chenault received a total payout of about $28.5 million in 2012, according to a filing, an increase of about 24 percent over the previous year,
Chenault's base salary was $2 million, according to a proxy filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Friday. His bonus was $4 million, while stock awards accounted for about $18.9 million and options awards total led about $2.2 million. (link.reuters.com/vur56t)
In January, American Express said it would cut about 5,400 jobs, or 8.5 percent of its workforce, to restructure its business and pay legal bills.
(Reporting By Vrinda Manocha in Bangalore; Editing by Gary Hill)
- Bike-riding nurse defies Ebola quarantine, on collision course with governor |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist |
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal
- Apple's Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- Iraqi Kurdish forces enter Syria to fight Islamic State |