- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Imran Khan's party wins revote in Karachi, protests expected
- Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift big winners at Billboard Awards
- Hezbollah steps up Syria battle, Israel threatens more strikes |
Italy says hostages kidnapped in Nigeria have been killed
ROME (Reuters) - International hostages kidnapped last month by a Nigerian Islamist group have been killed, the Italian Foreign Ministry said on Sunday.
"Our checks conducted in co-ordination with the other countries concerned lead us to believe that the news of the killing of the hostages seized last month is true," a Foreign Ministry statement said.
A Nigerian Islamist group said on Saturday it had killed the seven foreign hostages seized last month.
(Reporting by Gavin Jones; Editing by Alison Williams)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this