Japan Tobacco shares to be sold at 2 percent discount-filing
TOKYO, March 11
TOKYO, March 11 (Reuters) - Japan will sell shares of Japan Tobacco at 2,949 yen per stock, a 2.02 percent discount from Monday's close, a government filing showed on Monday.
Japan's Ministry of Finance, which owned just over 50 percent of Japan Tobacco, will sell a total of 333 million shares of the world's No.3 tobacco company to fund the reconstruction of areas devastated by a 2011 earthquake and tsunami.
Japan Tobacco bought 80 million of the shares from the ministry to reduce the impact of the sale to its stock price.
(Reporting by Junko Fujita; Editing by Shinichi Saoshiro)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions