Nikkei hits fresh 4-1/2 year high on strong US jobs data
TOKYO, March 11 (Reuters) - The Nikkei share average gained at Monday's open following surprisingly strong U.S. jobs data, with a weaker yen fuelling gains in exporters and pushing the benchmark to a fresh 4-1/2 year high. The Nikkei rose 0.3 percent to 12,320.97, while the broader Topix advanced 0.9 percent to 1,029.09.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data