Nikkei hits fresh 4-1/2 year high on strong US jobs data
TOKYO, March 11 (Reuters) - The Nikkei share average gained at Monday's open following surprisingly strong U.S. jobs data, with a weaker yen fuelling gains in exporters and pushing the benchmark to a fresh 4-1/2 year high. The Nikkei rose 0.3 percent to 12,320.97, while the broader Topix advanced 0.9 percent to 1,029.09.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Home sales tumble, jobless claims at near nine-month high
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia