Nikkei hits fresh 4-1/2 year high on strong US jobs data
TOKYO, March 11 (Reuters) - The Nikkei share average gained at Monday's open following surprisingly strong U.S. jobs data, with a weaker yen fuelling gains in exporters and pushing the benchmark to a fresh 4-1/2 year high. The Nikkei rose 0.3 percent to 12,320.97, while the broader Topix advanced 0.9 percent to 1,029.09.
- Russian-backed separatists enter southeast Ukraine town
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |