Nikkei hits fresh 4-1/2 year high on strong US jobs data
TOKYO, March 11 (Reuters) - The Nikkei share average gained at Monday's open following surprisingly strong U.S. jobs data, with a weaker yen fuelling gains in exporters and pushing the benchmark to a fresh 4-1/2 year high. The Nikkei rose 0.3 percent to 12,320.97, while the broader Topix advanced 0.9 percent to 1,029.09.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Malaysia probes passenger backgrounds for clues on missing flight |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- N.Korea using sophisticated means to avoid U.N. sanctions - U.N. report
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets