Mexico's IPC stock index falls 1 pct on telecom reform
MEXICO CITY, March 11
MEXICO CITY, March 11 (Reuters) - Mexico's benchmark IPC stock index .MXX fell 1.13 percent on Monday, dragged lower by Carlos Slim's phone company America Movil and Emilio Azcarraga's broadcaster Televisa.
America Movil shares fell 3.75 percent to 13.08 pesos while Televisa shares were down 2.36 percent at 66.67 pesos ahead of the planned announcement of reform to the telecom sector that aims to curb the companies' dominance.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police