Mexico raises thresholds for foreign investment in telecoms
MEXICO CITY, March 11
MEXICO CITY, March 11 (Reuters) - Mexico will allow increased foreign investment in its telecom sector as part of a reform bill announced on Monday.
The country will allow up to 100 percent foreign investment in telecoms and up to 49 percent foreign investment in its broadcast media, communications and transport secretary Gerardo Ruiz Esparza said at a press conference on Monday.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy bounces back in second quarter |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia