Brazil's Vale suspends $6 bln Argentine potash project -filing
SAO PAULO, March 11
SAO PAULO, March 11 (Reuters) - Brazilian miner Vale SA said on Monday it is suspending investments in its $6 billion Rio Colorado potash project in Argentina, which the company said was not "in line with Vale's commitment to discipline in capital allocation."
The project has been plagued with cost overruns due to inflation which has raised labor and materials expenses.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East