CORRECTED-Costco quarterly profit rises 39 pct on higher membership fees
(Corrects year-ago profit number to $394 mln from $390 mln in para 2)
March 12 (Reuters) - Costco Wholesale Corp posted a 39 percent increase in quarterly profit, helped by increasing sales and membership fees.
Net income was $547 million, or $1.24 per share in the fiscal second quarter ended on Feb. 17, compared with a profit of $394 million, or 90 cents a share, a year ago.
The company's net sales for the quarter increased eight percent to $24.34 billion.
Membership fee revenue rose 15 percent to $528 million in the second quarter. (Reporting by Jessica Wohl in Chicago and Sakthi Prasad in Bangalore; Editing by Helen Massy-Beresford)
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Four servicemen, five miners killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Man charged with killing six members of same Texas family |
- Israeli strikes kill more Palestinians; rocket causes huge blaze in Israel |
- Taliban sympathizer posts pictures of smiling Bowe Bergdahl