CORRECTED-Costco quarterly profit rises 39 pct on higher membership fees
(Corrects year-ago profit number to $394 mln from $390 mln in para 2)
March 12 (Reuters) - Costco Wholesale Corp posted a 39 percent increase in quarterly profit, helped by increasing sales and membership fees.
Net income was $547 million, or $1.24 per share in the fiscal second quarter ended on Feb. 17, compared with a profit of $394 million, or 90 cents a share, a year ago.
The company's net sales for the quarter increased eight percent to $24.34 billion.
Membership fee revenue rose 15 percent to $528 million in the second quarter. (Reporting by Jessica Wohl in Chicago and Sakthi Prasad in Bangalore; Editing by Helen Massy-Beresford)
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia