U.S. Justice Dept gives its blessing to MetroPCS, T-Mobile deal
WASHINGTON, March 12
WASHINGTON, March 12 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department said on Tuesday it closed its investigation into the proposed merger between MetroPCS Communications Inc and Deutsche Telekom AG's T-Mobile USA wireless unit, concluding that the deal would be unlikely to harm consumers.
The deal might have a positive impact on competition if it improved T-Mobile's scale and spectrum position, the department's Antitrust Division said in a statement.
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media |
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Ukraine warns Europe of Russian gas cut-off, Moscow denies