U.S. Justice Dept gives its blessing to MetroPCS, T-Mobile deal
WASHINGTON, March 12
WASHINGTON, March 12 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department said on Tuesday it closed its investigation into the proposed merger between MetroPCS Communications Inc and Deutsche Telekom AG's T-Mobile USA wireless unit, concluding that the deal would be unlikely to harm consumers.
The deal might have a positive impact on competition if it improved T-Mobile's scale and spectrum position, the department's Antitrust Division said in a statement.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls