U.S. Justice Dept gives its blessing to MetroPCS, T-Mobile deal
WASHINGTON, March 12
WASHINGTON, March 12 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department said on Tuesday it closed its investigation into the proposed merger between MetroPCS Communications Inc and Deutsche Telekom AG's T-Mobile USA wireless unit, concluding that the deal would be unlikely to harm consumers.
The deal might have a positive impact on competition if it improved T-Mobile's scale and spectrum position, the department's Antitrust Division said in a statement.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- CEOs of biggest Russian firms could be hit by sanctions: paper |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |