Munich Re cautious on fresh dividend rise, buybacks
FRANKFURT, March 12
FRANKFURT, March 12 (Reuters) - Munich Re's chief executive urged caution on prospects for further dividend increases and share buybacks, while also not ruling them out.
"Our environment is not easy - I've already mentioned low interest rates - and that's why we tend to be cautious over our capital position even as all sorts of dreams have been awakened not only about dividends but also a buyback of shares," Chief Executive Nikolaus von Bomhard told a news conference.
The world's biggest reinsurer raised its dividend to 7 euros per share for 2012, exceeding consensus for 6.76 euros.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |
- JPMorgan warns 465,000 card users on data loss after cyber attack