Suntech to shut Arizona panel making facility
March 12 (Reuters) - Cash-strapped Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd said it would stop production at a solar panel making facility in Goodyear, Arizona on April 3, affecting 43 employees.
Higher production costs, U.S. import tariffs on China-made solar cells and global oversupply caused the facility's closure, Suntech said in a statement.
Suntech shares were little changed at $1.16 before the bell on Tuesday.
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Kurds issue call to arms as Islamic State gains in Syria