Suntech to shut Arizona panel making facility
March 12 (Reuters) - Cash-strapped Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd said it would stop production at a solar panel making facility in Goodyear, Arizona on April 3, affecting 43 employees.
Higher production costs, U.S. import tariffs on China-made solar cells and global oversupply caused the facility's closure, Suntech said in a statement.
Suntech shares were little changed at $1.16 before the bell on Tuesday.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls