Suntech to shut Arizona panel making facility
March 12 (Reuters) - Cash-strapped Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd said it would stop production at a solar panel making facility in Goodyear, Arizona on April 3, affecting 43 employees.
Higher production costs, U.S. import tariffs on China-made solar cells and global oversupply caused the facility's closure, Suntech said in a statement.
Suntech shares were little changed at $1.16 before the bell on Tuesday.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- U.S. quarantines 'chilling' Ebola fight in West Africa: MSF
- UPDATE 7-Four dead, five injured after plane crashes at Kansas airport
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal