Suntech to shut Arizona panel making facility
March 12 (Reuters) - Cash-strapped Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd said it would stop production at a solar panel making facility in Goodyear, Arizona on April 3, affecting 43 employees.
Higher production costs, U.S. import tariffs on China-made solar cells and global oversupply caused the facility's closure, Suntech said in a statement.
Suntech shares were little changed at $1.16 before the bell on Tuesday.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image