- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
White House says House Republican budget math "just doesn't add up"
WASHINGTON, March 12 |
WASHINGTON, March 12 (Reuters) - The new budget proposal from Republicans in the House of Representatives fails to do enough to close tax loopholes available to the wealthy and will not achieve significant deficit reduction, the White House said on Tuesday.
"While the House Republican budget aims to reduce the deficit, the math just doesn't add up," White House spokesman Jay Carney said in a statement.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this